Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Post That Started It All

September 7, 1979

"If you're a fan what you'll see in the next couple of minutes, hours, and days to follow may convince you you've gone to sports heaven."


--Lee Leonard, first ever broadcast of ESPN
, the quote that started it all


Now, I can't guarantee that what you're about to read, or see, in the coming days, months (maybe years) will lead you to any kind of sports blog heaven. I just needed an outlet for my daily ramblings about everything sporty. I love any kind of banter about who's going to win the superbowl, whether or not English Premier or La Liga is better soccer, and why the hell Detroit is in the NHL Western conference???

So it begins. I can't imagine I'll be limited to my 3 favourite sports (above). I love a good sports story. Mine That Bird anyone?
I love an upset, a last minute heroic. That's why they play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment