Sunday, November 22, 2009

Decent Proposal

The World Series is long over now. The Yankees won, blah blah blah. I've mentioned before, I'm not a huge baseball fan. But during the playoffs, I did read an interesting tidbit in SI's For The Record. Susan Finkelstein, 43, was arrested and charged with prostitution and other offences for "offering sex for World Series tickets".

What?!?!?!?

And I don't mean "What??!? A woman offered sex for tickets??" I mean, "What??!?!? A woman was charged with prostitution for offering sex for tickets??"

I did some intertubes searches and found the report of her Craigslist ad:

"DESPERATE BLONDE NEEDS WS TIX (Philadelphia) Diehard Phillies fan--gorgeous tall buxom blonde-- in desperate need of two World Series Tickets. Price negotiable--- I'm the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!"

So the Bensalem Township police baited her and she allegedly offered to perform unnamed sexual acts for an undercover officer.

After her arrest and charges, her name (sorry, here too) and her picture were plastered across television and the internet.

As a diehard fan, if I thought I could get final playoff tickets for my team, any team, by offering my best assets, wouldn't I do it? Would you do it? But more importantly, it should be allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment